Tuesday, February 27, 2007

How to know when you have a good sitter


I have spent the last 3 1/2 years trying to find a good sitter for my son. There is never one that compares to a wonderful Grammy like mine, but of course, she isn't always available so I have to settle for the next best thing. I knew I always wanted one that would keep him safe above all else, but wouldn't it be nice if someone would really get down on the floor and play with him, read him stories or snuggle on the couch and watch a good Todd Parr DVD. In short, I wanted a loving big brother or sister to take care of my boy when I was away. Well, I came home yesterday after a long evening of soul-searching and a well-deserved break to find this picture waiting for me on the kitchen table. I asked Max who that was in the picture and he said, "The little one is Max and the big one is Bailey." Baily has taken care of my son for only one month now, but she has brought more warmth into this house than any other sitter I have ever had. It was all I could do to get Max to let her get in the car so we could take her home because in his words, "Bailey wants to stay here in our house forever." I thought I was a good judge of a sitter, but I forgot that my son is getting old enough to have his own opinion too and he has made it loud and clear. I feel so lucky to have finally found someone that has that rare nurturing quality that I so treasure and admire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter